Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Flowering Member keepitmedicated's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 946/2
    Given: 2,110/4

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Beutiful little birds, Amazing photo's DD. I seen my first wild humming bird last year in my backyard. Gonna get a feeder to bring em in more often. Got any other animal canna shots?
    HARMONY..
    When we lose the right to be different
    We lose the privilage to be free
    Nelson Mandela

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 122/0
    Given: 59/0

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by keepitmedicated View Post
    ... Got any other animal canna shots?
    Kim no I'm sorry, these keep me busy all summer, no time for anything else. I do have my diorama art on a page at Doobieduck.com that might interest you. Good to see you..DD
    Please join me in my Fall 2012 Cannabis Flowers Pix thread..
    DoobieDuck the Macro Pix
    Don't forget, your comments and "likes" may be the only recognition Breeders, Photographers and Growers receive after putting in the hard work that they do to share theirs here with you. That appreciation goes a long way towards inspiring them to continue sharing it, Respect....DD

Flowering Member keepitmedicated's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 946/2
    Given: 2,110/4

Quote Originally Posted by DoobieDuck View Post
    Kim no I'm sorry, these keep me busy all summer, no time for anything else. I do have my diorama art on a page at Doobieduck.com that might interest you. Good to see you..DD
    I will take a look for sure.
    HARMONY..
    When we lose the right to be different
    We lose the privilage to be free
    Nelson Mandela

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 217/1
    Given: 330/9

DoobieD, I am hoping that you may be able to give me some advice regarding the purchase of a camera.
    My wife has a keen eye for photography and we would like to buy a basic bottom end camera. We are
    looking at spending between 3-400 for the first camera.

Most of the photography that she likes is nature oriented. Landscapes, plants, alot of nature shots. She
    takes photos of my plants. We would like to buy a camera that has a decent capacity for taking good trichome
    shots as well.

By the way I absolutely admire your photos. They are so beautiful. You really have a talent there! That is awesome.
    The first time I saw the hummingbird photos they literally made my day! So beautiful! Photos such as yours shine light
    onto what can be a very dark world, sometimes.

Thank you!

Thumbs Up/Down

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

TB many thanks for the complements, I'd like to help you but I am very unfamiliar with point and shoots and with your price range that is going to be your best choice. If you could step that up. double it, I'd recommend a Canon Rebel 3TI and a Sigma 17-70mm macro lens. The cameras are running $499 and lens $499.

So may I recommend you look thru some reviews of point and shoots on the net. If you don't mind buying used you can pick up a Rebel now on eBay for around $200+ and lens for $200...myself I buy a lot of lenses used but prefer a new body..peace brother..good luck..DD
    DoobieDuck the Macro Pix
    Don't forget, your comments and "likes" may be the only recognition Breeders, Photographers and Growers receive after putting in the hard work that they do to share theirs here with you. That appreciation goes a long way towards inspiring them to continue sharing it, Respect....DD

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1,036/0
    Given: 1,031/0

Hey DD
    I agree with TB. With so much ugliness in the world (balance) it's refreshing to see those moments of beauty and peace captured forever. I've been a hobby freak all my life and many, many years ago I bought my first SLR, a Zenit, fully mechanical. I picked up an BW enlarger with leather bellows and a diffuser that was about 4" thick, used an incandescent bulb. With the enlarger I got a pile of old photos and undeveloped film of float planes people from the forties/fifties. That hobby eventually petered out because of cost but I developed a lot of my color shots in BW and those are the ones the kids took off, with their favorites. I'm a bit of a scatter brain and moved on to archery. When I see your photos I wish I'd kept going. Keep at it brother you inspire me to look past my pain and trivial problems and see the beauty I would otherwise miss.

Peace

N
    I fall upon the earth, and I am embraced. Water gives me life, and I spring forth into the light. My roots run deep into the earth, and I am nourished. With wind and water, light and earth, I conspire to ease your pain and heal your wounds, to bring you peace and calm your mind, to give you wisdom and truth of heart.
    I return to the earth and I am embraced.I am Cannabis
    Nohibition

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 270/0
    Given: 68/1

Awesome shots. Did you use a tripod, or any special shutter release? What do you think about full frame format v conventional DSLR?

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 542/2
    Given: 358/1

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I so wish I could buy a camera that puts Doobie to shame, but he has the heart and soul to which he puts in his pictures. A mere like on this thread cannot compare so I had to comment.

Thank you Double D For sharing your art with us

LT

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 884/0
    Given: 472/1

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Lightly_Toasted View Post
    I so wish I could buy a camera that puts Doobie to shame, but he has the heart and soul to which he puts in his pictures. A mere like on this thread cannot compare so I had to comment.

As a musician I think I can say that you nailed it with that post

We can give DoobieDuck a low-end camera and put him against a beginning photographer with a high-end DSLR and DD will always come out the winner because the equipment is not what makes the piece of art just like how holding Jimmy Hendrix's Strat, or even owning it, will not help you to play guitar any better.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    Ceci n'est pas une signature du forum.
    Thank You for using S.h.a.d.i.m.a.r.: the world's most poorly coded chatbot.
    Substantially Humanlike Application Determined Insufficient Mediocre And Relatively annoying.

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by nohibition View Post
    Hey DD
    .....I'm a bit of a scatter brain and moved on to archery. ..
    Peace

N
    N thanks for posting, I too, a scatter brain, and too did some darkroom, was a teachers aid for 4 years in the early 70s. Fun, and learned a ton, most satisfying was watching others eye for light develop. Started bow hunting in 75, I have some trophys and am in Pope and Young..yet the disabilities put and end to hunting of any kind other than with my camera..cheers..

Quote Originally Posted by airedog View Post
    Awesome shots. Did you use a tripod, or any special shutter release? What do you think about full frame format v conventional DSLR?
    airdog thanks for asking, yes I use a tripod for almost every image, some of my grow shots are hand held. For hummers I use a 20 foot shutter release, set up a comphy lounge chair, and shoot for hours, napping in between shots. A 200 image shoot is common to hopefully capture a keeper. Full frame I will have as soon as I can afford it, especially for macros.

self portrait at work..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3592-hummer-n-me-K-C-W.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	71.2 KB 
ID:	60305

Quote Originally Posted by Lightly_Toasted View Post

LT
    LT many thanks sir and coming from you who is well seasoned in the forums that means a lot. I love sharing it and can only hope to receive a comment like yours, and the others here, in return..peace...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadimar View Post
    As a musician I think I can say that you nailed it with that post

We can give DoobieDuck a low-end camera and put him against a beginning photographer with a high-end DSLR and DD will always come out the winner because the equipment is not what makes the piece of art just like how holding Jimmy Hendrix's Strat, or even owning it, will not help you to play guitar any better.
    Wow Shad..thank you so much, I'd give you Rep but we wore that button out years ago..as a Strat owner, and Hendrix follower since the Band of Gypsys, I'm flattered. And yes, I shoot with mid-priced equipment, most lenses purchased used off eBay, it's not the camera creating the art. Respect...

Doobies Stratocaster, Kryptos Trainwreck x Bluemoonshine, the F3 by me, more at my site.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9221-strat-axe-C-W.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	80.4 KB 
ID:	60306
    DoobieDuck the Macro Pix

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 213/0
    Given: 88/1

big fan of ur work also Brother DD!
    and that strat pic would of been the perfect cover art for sticky fingers LP!
    again, thanks for sharing!

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 270/0
    Given: 68/1

Thanks DD, saw my first hummer in and around my plants, this past week; fast little blighter. Mind you, even getting pictures of the Chickadees at sunflower seeds is interesting with a handheld. We're in the East, so only ruby throateds around here. Our only dedicated digitals are a point and shoot Sony or a very old Nikon (2002), otherwise it's camera function on our phones. For static images that are close up, the Galaxy S5 does a decent job, but nothing like a real camera with decent lenses.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123