Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: detoxing

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/1
    Given: 0/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Default detoxing

Can anybody help me? I'm wanting to stop all meds but have terrible problems with withdrawl symptoms! I've been able to stop oxycontin, methadone, daloted, but the withdrawls are just terrible. i still have msir, oxyfast i want to stop. Just start cringing at the thought of withdrawls. The Docs have perscribed clonipin and clonadine with no help!!!!! Some relief is obtained bt the use of the ganga but not much. Is there anything I can do to help myself?
    Thank you all for your time
    bp

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0

Default I have been through this quite a few times!

You will get sick and it only gets worse for the first week, espescially comiing off Methadone, its the absolute worst.

The clonadine will help, I have used valium before but only a strong valium, triazadone, serequel makes things worse and my legs go crazy, be prepared to puke and have diarrhea for at leaes 4 days (if your lucky) Smokin pot helps but another inportant thing is to keep yourself hydrated, pretty much take care of yourself as if you have a BAD flu.

You are much better off to wean yourself down to a smaller dose of whatever your taking before you try to quit! You really should do this under the supervision of your doc (you have clonadine, so I assume you have at least contacted one)

It takes a VERY strong will to quit a long term opiate dependency cold turkey! I used to be able to do it, but I now need the meds for my pain and I notice the pain days before I notice any withdrawl
    God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food." Genesis:29

Thumbs Up/Down

Thumbs up

I Also Have been Given Clonadine ( It Lowers Your Blood Pressure Making You Groggy For A Couple of Days )
    Well Done On Beating The Methadone First And Foremost , And The Dillies ( Dilaudid )
    If You Cannot Get Into A Detox , Heres A Suggestion, Or Two
    Try And Find Somewhere You Won't be Interupted By " People / Places . And Things", Somewhere Cosy
    Stock Up On Epsom Salts ( Taking Epsom Salts In A Hot Bath Relieves Aches And Pains And During Detoxification Your Skin Is Excreting All The Toxins In Your Body; So Daily Shower Will Also Encourage Better Blood Circulation
    Rehydration Fluids
    Sunflower Seeds ( Shelled ); Time Consuming - Distracting
    Do Not Suddenly Discontinue Any SSRI's Or Mao Inhibitors , Or Long Time Diazapam/Valium Without Tapering Down First
    When I Was On The Street And Could No Longer Go To A Detox , I Went To 40 Meetings In 40 Days ( Fortuneatley I Was In Victoria, B.C's Capital )
    Any " User Friends " Can , And Will Cause You To Have A Relapse
    But Being Totally Honest With Yourself Will Set You Free
    I Wish You A Safe And Smooth Time
    Just For Today
    Pete
    Last edited by Pistol Pete; 07-19-2008 at 03:39 AM.

Thumbs Up/Down

Default not dr recomended but with his help

see i used to take care of my pain by going to a local clinic for injections, man did that suck. but it was better than whats going on now, i want to try and control my pain another way! without pain pills!
    METHADONE was the worst of all so far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i am under dr supervision in fact the same dr fills out the medical marijuana application for the state, a very cool but very busy man!!
    I do taper but suffer like no other!
    thanks for the suggestions people!! The epsoms sounds good!
    Is it possible to overdose on cannabis? The only reson i ask is because ive eaten a lot and dont seem to get any relief just feel bad for wasting all that beaytiful cannibis.
    can i be doing something wrong in the preperations department? ive tried capsules, cakes, liquids, using everclear and get a little tired is all no pain relief but the tiredness is an ok side effect cause its damn hard to relaxb with a red hot poker in behind your eye and a 2 pound sludge hammer striking your head, after a day of that life sucks!! Not to mention the actual day, not much fun livin let me tell ya! I just wish all the drs could see the actual dragon of pain. only a couple have and the care changed some what after.
    Thanks for your experiences and i will encorperate them.

Thumbs Up/Down

Default Cannabis Oil?

Have you tried eating it? It works for pain and the body stone should help with some of the withdrawl symptoms. Good luck my friend.

Peace
    Max
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attracive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, doobie in one hand, favorite beverage in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming...Wow- What a ride!

carl

tell your doctor that you never want to be prescribed pain medication again, access will be severely limited that way

Thumbs Up/Down

what is it about the opiates that is making you so determined to get off of them?

and why do you say that Methadone is the worst of all -- in your personal/individual case, at least?!

so far for me, duration wise and for many other reasons, methadone has been the best pain med i have been on so far but there are far superiuor ones out there -- Opana, Fentanyl, Levorphanol, etc. but my state based Medicare coverage won't pay for those meds....at least not without a crazy Prior Authorization process which almost always results in a denial....

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 19/0
    Given: 2/0

From what I have seen in patients going off C2 opiates the process generally goes like this. Step down the methadone dose grafually at the prescribed rate. Then switch to Norco and gradually reduce the dosage. Some people find buprenorphine detox to be the easiest. It's important to go off them slow as the withdrawl can cause harm to the body and mind.

Good luck! Sending positive vibes your way.

Also, if you have the cash there is Rapid Detox. This is performed under general anesthesia and the patient is given massive doses of naloxone (opiate antagonist) and go through all thei withdrawl symptoms while fully sedated and in no pain. Usually not covered by insurance though.
    What's the difference between a pun and a fart? One is a shift of wit.

Thumbs Up/Down

Pharma!!

What the hell you doin' up this time of night???

I thought I was the only one up round this time of night.

I've heard that some of the rich and famous get a complete blood transfusion to beat thier addiction eliminating the withdrawls.

Has anyone else heard of this???
    It is always wise to stop wishing for things long enough to enjoy the fragrance of those now flowering

Thumbs Up/Down

Lightbulb

Methadone ; Developed For Nazi troops And Originally called Dolphamine Was Produced To Shorten The Addiction Time Of Morphine or laudenum
    It Did'nt Work
    Methadone Is Synthetic And People dependant On Methadone Are More Than Likely To Sleep 12+ Hours Which May be A Drag
    Coming Off Methadone can Be Fatal !!!

If You Have An Addiction To Any Substance , Then Absolute Honesty With Your Doctor Is paramount !!!!!!!!!
    You Do Not Want To Go Through Pain Say , Six Months Into Sobriety After Getting Plowed Down By A Pick Up Truck
    Canada Has A Much better System Than This Country At Catching Those Who Take Too Much Medications , And We Do Not Even Have Triple Scripts Here !!

Eating Cannabis Is Ok If Its 100% Dry
    However , Do Remember I Have Just Had A Colostomy Due To Decades Of Pills And I Am Not Certain About The Cannabrex/ Cannabis
    I Had Had IBS For Awhile Before Diagnosis ( To Experience The Same Pain Try Eating Some Wet Cannabis )

Opiates DO DULL Life Though, I'll Be The First To Tell You That
    Remember ; Absolute Honesty , Both With Your Physician , And Of Course With Your Self
    PP

Vegetative Member

Thumbs Up/Down

Tell your Dr. that gives you your opiates you wanna stop.
    Methadone is very safe for coming off of opiates @ 5% reduction
    per every 7 days, you will make it.
    Methadone is very dangerous if given to the person NOT intended
    for, thats a bad thing if your bottle strays...

Lots of hype about methadone thats just not true.
    When used properly , it saves lives.
    The other side of town

Thumbs Up/Down

Default no addiction here

An injury 11 years ago and ive been taking all these narcotics like i was supposed to, no early script filled in fact i havent even filled this mo. meds. Still have plenty from pasts months!
    Methadone did help but also brought more pain with taking, emotional, physical strength and fatigue are the reasons for stopping.
    I dont understand the alure of taking pills they have just made me more tired, i couldnt understand why people were breaking into pharmacies to steal Oxycontin? It does nothing for me but make me tired.
    green cannabis is hard on the digestive track?
    Thanks for the info people!!!
    I feel and always have that honesty is the only way to live ones life, i would not take that big a chance with my life
    All meds not being used were given a good bye flush with no regrets just another step to a more meaningful life!!
    Last edited by brainpain; 07-21-2008 at 01:32 PM.

Thumbs Up/Down

Default oooooooo what a feeling!

the withdrawls are starting to kick in and i would like to leave my body for awhile.
    i think the drs that prescribe these meds should have to go through this. it just seems if you complain they up the medication and who does that help. the drug companies and what does this do for us the people in pain and in need of help not more problems with side effects!!!!!!!!!
    my skin is crawling and i feel absolutly horrific!! the vomiting hasnt started thank goodness. the fatigue is also very intence and wouldnt you know it my water heater took a dump on me today!!!!!

Thumbs Up/Down

Thumbs up

Drink , Drink , Drink
    Flush Your System With Cranberry Juice
    For Pain In The feet Take Quinnine ( Or Tonic Water )
    Also Dolomite And Calcium Help
    But Concentrate On The Replacement Of Fluids , AND; The Epsom Salt Baths Which Remove The Toxins Sweated Onto The Outside of The skin ( If You Do Not Wash Off the Toxins Then They WILL be Reabsorbed )
    Epsom Salts Will Also Relax Tense Muscles
    " People, Places, And Things " ; Familiar Thoughts And Behaviours ;
    Sit In A Different Chair
    Read A Different Book
    Don't Be talking About Herb , Etc
    ( Find A TENS Machine ; Both Eric Clapton And Pete Townshend Kicked Heroin With A Tens Machine )
    Live For Today, Or Live For This Second
    Baby Steps Is OK
    You Are Doing Fantastic , Keep Up Good Work, One Day At A Time
    Pete

Thumbs Up/Down

Pete the epsoms is great thank you so much!!!!!!!
    im sorry but whats a tens machine? a ten dollar slot machine?
    people places and things?
    the reason im asking is because your advice seems solid and i would like to take full advantage of it !
    things are starting to get really bad! i dont know why i suffer so with this, im thinking of going to a motel so i dont scare my children when they see me!!! they have been talked to about whats going on. they seem to understand very well. but they worrie i can see it in their eyes. thank so much for your time PETE i do need guidence for my drs are to busy to care!! thanks and be well my friend! bp

I feel like im in a perpetual state of a pee pee dance that is so intence, no i dont have to pee all the time its just how my body is reacting, then every now and then my arms flail around like im swatting at something thats not there. if i try and controll it my body feels like im starting to convolse!
    Last edited by brainpain; 07-24-2008 at 10:59 AM.

Thumbs Up/Down

it just sucks to be sick, i had a hell of a time fixing the water heater yesterday but im glad the darn thing went out yesterday. once that was done the darn swamp cooler went out damn someone is picking on me by pushing me so hard when im not feeling so great, everything happens for a reason!
    HOW MUCH CANNABIS IS TOO MUCH TO EAT! i have eaten a up to 30 meri pills at one time and no help i havent tried them yet but would like to know if there is a stopping point.
    can the pot hurt me if i take more? Id like to help the gitters and crawling of the skin. im having my wife pick up the calsium and cranberry juice along with dodomite.
    Question i have terrible fatigue problems ever since the accident and i have a script for ridalin 10 mg. would this be a bad idea. the fatigue has really kicked in and have a hard time walking to the bathroom or anything else for that matter. lots of stairs!
    Last edited by brainpain; 07-24-2008 at 11:11 AM.

Thumbs Up/Down

Its going to be a rough road but you will make it. I am sure of it. When my first (and only!) heroin dealer was busted, they had to "lock him up" at the local hospital because he had a 2 gram a day habbit, and being without it would stop his heart.How ever. I heard from his sister that he went to a clinic, where they put him in a controlled coma for a week, so he slept through the hardest part. My friend in NY is on meds for controlling his opiate addiction, i dont remember the name of the med, but when i do ill post it. He says it works great for him. Also, have you heard or read about Ibogane? Ive heard very good things about it for opiate addicts.Good luck brother and dont dispair, you will conquer this. YOU WILL! JB

P.S.
    I would take that 5 hour energy drink before taking ritalin.
    Last edited by Jack Burton; 07-24-2008 at 11:16 AM.
    Ex Girlfriend - "So, be honest, have you ever smoked pot?"
    Me - "Actually, i dont ever remember quiting."

"I am above the influence.....of politicians hypocrisies."

Thumbs Up/Down

having left sided pain at waist level, just withdrawl symptoms?

Thumbs Up/Down

Thumbs up

Your Left Sided Pain Is Probably Your Large Intestines Repositioning Themselves ( Eat Bran Daily, Turbo Bran if You Can Find it )
    People , Places And Things ; These Are Trip Switches To Set Yourself Up For A Fall , So , As I Have said Before , Do Things Differently In An Effort To Change The Habits You Have Formed.
    Ritalin ; Don't Go There ; You Will Only Be Substituting One Problem For Another
    If I Was Not getting residential Treatment , Then I Would Highly Suggest You Go To Forty meetings In Forty days , I Really Would , So You Can Develop New Social Contacts Who Can Assist You
    I Am A Little Miffed By A.A , As In They Claim To Be Different To N.A , But Bullhookey , A.A Stands For Addictions Anonymous , And I Would Share Using The term " My Drug of Choice "
    Live For Today
    If Thats hard , Live For This Hour
    If Its Even Harder ; Live For This Minute
    But Every Minute Gained Is An Investment Into Your Future
    Remember , " Ones Too Many , And A Thousand Is never Enough "

Keep The Fluids Up, And Eat Simple Unspiced foods As Dioreah Is On Its Way
    Do Not Go Overboard On The Bran However , You Do Not Want Blockages

Rest, Fresh Air , And No Distractions That May Take You Back
    Videogames Are A Good Distraction
    Pete

Thumbs Up/Down

Ibogaine And Nabilone treatments Are Not Available To All , And Sometimes Have Undesireable Side Effects, IMHO
    Pete

Thumbs Up/Down

i thank you once again Pete, AA? why would i dosomething like this. The Drs have had to practicly force the meds down my choke whole. I had refused and they informed my insurance co. the insurance co threated to cut off all coverage if i didnt follow drs orders! i couldnt believe it, yes i did need it but didnt want to get involved with the pills. so i fought them as bert i could then they started doing blood tests to see if i was taking the meds. what a pain in the as-! cannibis is my friend and i dont care what people think of me and my cannibis. ive never believed in the pills and they have just caused problems for me, i have enough problems. ive got probably close to 400 + pills all narcotics and i dont even want to think about them i hate the pills they have ruined my life i have no i mean no inclination to take this crap anymore! i keep it around to see if i am tempted but never have. i dont see the alure of the pills why do people take them so much? life killer is all they are. AA sounds interesting but do you think i really need it. honestly ive never had a problem with the pills except for having to take them. Pete thanks so much for your time! God bless you and yours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thumbs Up/Down

Hey , BP
    If It's Available , Take It
    A Problem Shared is A Problem Halved
    I've Been To Lots Of meetings And Can Only Give You This Advise ; " Take What You Need , And Leave The Rest "
    The Reason I Think It Important Is It Only Takes Days , Or Sometimes Weeks To Detoxify Your Body , But It Takes , Sometimes years To Change Your Belief System
    I Bring This Up In Response To Your Ritalin Enquiry
    You Can, And Are Doing It, For Which I Am Proud Even Though We've Never Met
    By Using One Hour Meetings You'll Eventually Hook Up With A Sponsor Who Has heard Every Story In The Book
    Irregardless Of Your Thinking , Sometimes Justifying A Alternative
    Only You Can Actually Do It
    But By Having A Support Network, Both At Meetings , And Also There Are many Members Like Myself Who Are Only Too Happy To Respond To Your Concerns
    Remember ; Baby Steps ; You're Learning To Walk Right Now , And Although You Know How To Run , You Must Take Your Time
    But Whenever You Fall , Pick Yourself Up And Carry On With Your Journey Of Recovery
    I Can Reccomend A Few Good \books That Really Helped Me
    So It's A Friday Night; Still Have SCTV ???
    Stick Tight With Your Family ( Motel;No!!) And Talk
    Open Yourself Up Now You Are Somewhat Lucid
    Its Like I Must Spend Time With My Family, And Then There Is The Time Difference With This , A North American Website
    So , Don't Get Down If I'm Slow To Responding BP
    Honestly , I Have No Problem Sharing My Experiences , Any Time
    Pete

Thumbs Up/Down

well the entire gama of withdrawls have kicked in and im as strong minded as ever!! so far!
    your kind word are comforting! are you some kinda shrink? it dont matter i feel you are right up there with the best of them!! Time is of no concern to me just getting off these death pills is. my life has changed so much since cannabis has helped me, all the meds ive already stopped has me happy and looking forward to the future. what might be around the corner sounds kinda interesting. i just have one concern, PAIN and how to control it so im not so miserable and wanting to end it. its kinda scary when the pain is uncontrollable! im not one to hurt myself but man that is something i dread it happens quite often and im nervous. Pete thanks, and be well my friend. bp
    Last edited by brainpain; 07-25-2008 at 08:07 PM.

Thumbs Up/Down

BP; A Shrink , No
    But I Must Have Invested A Few Hundred Thousand Dollars On " Research " Back When I Was An Addict
    If I Can Help You Avoid The Pitfalls That Are Assosiated With Depedency , Then I Can Feel Great Knowing That I Planted A Seed Of Knowledge That You Will Think Twice Before Indulging Again
    I Would have To Say, From Personal Experience That Pills Are A Gateway To Harder , Physically Addictive Medicines Due To Their Free Dispersal ( Canada And U.K )
    Many , Many Times Worse Than Unadulterated Cannabis
    But The Government Is Responsible For Not Thinking Adult Smokers Of Cannabis Can Make Up Their Own Decisions Like Current Alcohol ( Drink Aware ) Advertisments Here In The U.K
    Total Abstinance And A Log Book To Enter Your " Frame Of Mind " Daily Feelings And Thoughts.
    You Can Look Back Through Your Entries To See How You Were Managing ,And Realise Things Were Not As Bad As They Seemed At The Time
    It Also Helps You Identify Any Ongoing Problems Which May Be Packing Onto Your Stress Levels , And Deal With The Problem Promptly
    BP ; This Advise Was very Expensive To Aquire , And Although Recovery And Rehab And Detox Centres Are free ( In Canada ), It Was My Experiences Of Losing EveryThing , And Everybody I Held Dear
    Eleven years Later And I have Not Even Dabbled With The Old " Devils Dandruff " Yet I Am Only A Phone Call Away Should I Chose ( Cocaine is Much Easier To Obtain Than Cannabis Everywhere In The U.K )
    I Am A Recovering Addict , Yet With Ten Plus Years Sobriety I Know Classify Myself As A Survivor ( I Have Unfinished Business To Achieve before I Die )
    All Of The Addicts I Once Knew Before leaving Canada In 97 Are Dead !!!
    Some Addicts Therefore Have A Purpose.
    I Would Happily Get Involved With Drug Counselling If It Were Not For My Hippocritical Current Use Of Cannabis
    And My Belief Alcohol Is The Worst Drug Out There
    Pete

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by brainpain
    well the entire gama of withdrawls have kicked in and im as strong minded as ever!! so far!
    your kind word are comforting! are you some kinda shrink? it dont matter i feel you are right up there with the best of them!! Time is of no concern to me just getting off these death pills is. my life has changed so much since cannabis has helped me, all the meds ive already stopped has me happy and looking forward to the future. what might be around the corner sounds kinda interesting. i just have one concern, PAIN and how to control it so im not so miserable and wanting to end it. its kinda scary when the pain is uncontrollable! im not one to hurt myself but man that is something i dread it happens quite often and im nervous. Pete thanks, and be well my friend. bp
    My friend who finished treatment a year ago for his pill addictions, takes a perscription called Suboxone, which helps him with his withdrawls. He swears it actually works. I would ask your doctor about it if i were you.

Cheers
    JB
    Ex Girlfriend - "So, be honest, have you ever smoked pot?"
    Me - "Actually, i dont ever remember quiting."

"I am above the influence.....of politicians hypocrisies."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast