Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Vegetative Member

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0
    Given: 0/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by thaistik
    That's great, I too was just about to post on some granola bars I just made, but realized I'm too stoned to type the recipe. I'll be out in the field this week, so I'll post when I get back.
    Heehee
    I look forward to your granola recipe thai and can relate

Hey Carrie,
    A while ago i noticed you post @ the T.C.C. that you will be adding more gluten free baked goods to the canna treat menu due to the increase of special requests, and considered offering some of my recipes to you over at that site but due to the online pic system, can't add any pictures, so decided against it. I'd like to add some of them here at this site so just wanted to let you know in case you personally might want to use them. They are good for people suffering with celiac disease, IBS and some forms of autism.

I was serious about trying your canna treats years ago. There was a nice selection of treats i purchased at the time but I remember it quite well.
    It was actually the very first time i have ever had anything made from canna butter and these particular nanimo bars were made from Jack Herer trim and you could clearly taste it in these treats. Now i know Jack Herer has a very distinct taste and it was there. Other people's baking didn't compare, in fact most was quite revolting which was prompted me to make my own. So yes your canna treats inspired me.
    Totally GOURMET baking!
    I haven't quite mastered having my canna butter taste distinctively like any one strain yet BUT primarily due to the fact that i have too many different strains growing that I use for my trim so the flavour consistency just is not there.

Anyway.....It was fun messin' wif ya though
    KIDDING!

Last edited by Lacy; 01-05-2010 at 02:54 AM.
    Beauty lives, not only in nature, but in one's own 'heart'.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0

Default Get to know your crockpots

Hey, sorry about the delay, the centre's where empty from 2009 Still playing catch up. So... back to Lacy's post 18-24 hours on the keep warm setting, on two of my three crockpots. The third one is on low with more water and a couple less hours. The third one is a different crockpot,same brand (proctor silex) just this one is around 4 years newer and oval instead of round You would think they would be the same or at least close, nope! So get to know your crockPOT
    I'll reply to rest tomorrow,xoxo Carrie

Thumbs Up/Down

Cool You're the pros.lol

Wish I could say I've gotten to make butter like some of you have, also there
    seems to be products like "budder", which is a very potent,pure trichomes
    combined with a pure type of butter or oil which burns instantly and effectively. The person who created this budder I think keeps the process
    to lhim/herself, or only tells their close friends, it seems to me that the simmer-slow-for over an hour..type of butter takes on the green color and
    chlorophyll taste that are truly gaggy and gross and hard to eat in the final
    product. The type that is gently disolved into the best butter without the
    additon of water just takes on the ptency without the green grossness..??
    Kathy
    definitely with butter greener is NOT better..edibles are hard to eat or yummy delight like my friend from Ottawa makes...with everything organic
    and from her friends.She knows exactly how much thc in each item.
    mmmmmmm..gingersnaps!!....it was too tempting to get "too baked"
    on the baked goods tho! hahahahahahaha!! good times!

Thumbs Up/Down

Default On the pressing part

A few things: Clearhead, good call on fabric ,at the centre I use a huge tea bag made out of a coat liner material, (that white cheap stuff) it stands up to our large hydraulic butter press. At home I use a really fine sieve, china cap thing called a chinoise. Kind of looks like that potato ricer in shape just screen type holes.

Thumbs Up/Down

Default More on da butter and sdnr recipes

Hey Lacy not sure how to help you with the photo's I'm glad I inspire you, I have to thank chef Moe for inspiring me
    More about our butter talk...
    I was taught don't grind the buds, keep them whole, only break up the big ones and pull out any bigger sticks or as brownie Kate was saying, you get extra plant matter,chlorophyll ex. (Just like making oil,budder ex.)but that's a whole another huge post
    When you use this method your sativa butter is more green and your indica's more of a redish green. The foamy like stuff is the best part, yup! The keif line That's the thin layer on the finshed butter,stuck on the butter side in the water. Leave your butter in fridge no less than 2 days for best results.

With the S.D.N.R (special.dietary.needs.recipe) for the centre's, I should have some of them in stock next week. With these recipe's, I'm adding a glycemic index and nutritional analysis per serving with these items. So it does not leave me much room for changes or options. Please post your recipes on here cause if it's a centre item I created for them I don't post in forums. Attached is a sample of a s.d.n.r, I'm so excided and can wait to get them going.

Thumbs Up/Down

Default That sucks

I can't post the attachment sorry

Vegetative Member

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by thaistik
    This is the same ratio that I use as well For both butter and oil, makes for some strong meds. Good stuff, enjoy the medibles.
    for duff I use 1 oz of duff to 4oz of butter. I usually do 3 oz to 12 oz in my pot with water at 175 degrees for 8 hours. THen at after i have seperated into 3 1/4lb budders I will redo each 1/4 lb with another 10 grams of duff again for 8 hours.
    When I make cookies for enjoying this method gives me about 24 doses that are about 4-6 hours in duration with a nice utopia for about 1 hour.
    Do you think increasing soaking time would impact potency much????

Th

Vegetative Member

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Carrie
    Hey Lacy not sure how to help you with the photo's I'm glad I inspire you, I have to thank chef Moe for inspiring me Hey no worries girl. I have asked for help here about them but it appears an off coloured joke takes more priority If fact, I was shocked that you were at this forum and nobody was asking you any questions about your recipes and such, which are awesome but as soon as they thought we were fighting, there was ALL kinds of attention. Can't help notice you having the same pic issues

More about our butter talk...
    I was taught don't grind the buds, keep them whole, only break up the big ones and pull out any bigger sticks or as brownie Kate was saying, you get extra plant matter,chlorophyll ex. (Just like making oil,budder ex.)but that's a whole another huge post Yeah I wasn't too sure about that one either. Normally i don't grind up the buds either but these were big buds from my outdoors strawberry cough that i finished indoors so they had to be broken down. I've only been doing this for a little over a year now so don't have the expertise you do. Thank chef Moe for me also then Carrie. Health Canada sent me to T.C.C., my gp recommended if i am to use cannabis then he would prefer that i consume it rather than smoke it which was what lead me to bake my own treats. I'm not sure I would want to do it as often as you do though. I only bake every two or three months but when i do i make a bunch of stuff and freeze it.
    When you use this method your sativa butter is more green and your indica's more of a redish green. The foamy like stuff is the best part, yup! The keif line That's the thin layer on the finshed butter,stuck on the butter side in the water. Leave your butter in fridge no less than 2 days for best results.Leave the butter in the fridge for no LESS than two days?
    Ok I normally do leave it for a bit but why is this?

With the S.D.N.R (special.dietary.needs.recipe) for the centre's, I should have some of them in stock next week. With these recipe's, I'm adding a glycemic index and nutritional analysis per serving with these items. So it does not leave me much room for changes or options. Please post your recipes on here cause if it's a centre item I created for them I don't post in forums. Attached is a sample of a s.d.n.r, I'm so excided and can wait to get them going.
    YES I know you don't post at any other forums and not even at the centre much which is why I hit you up here silly
    . I have a friend who knows you and she suggested we get together to exchange some tasty recipes.
    Glycemic index for diebetics is a great idea.
    Thanks a lot for all the time and effort you put into sharing all your recipes.
    I did add some gluten free recipes for you but they are in individual threads.
    I would have liked to gather them all up togther in a separate sub section but don't appear to be too successful with that so hope you find them.

Happy Baking to you and all other who enjoy this part of cannabis use.

Zygote

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0

So I have a question? Carrie, you say to use an ouce of bud per pound of butter. In TY issue 13 MzJill did an article about making butter and her recipe says 4-6 ounces of material per 5 stick of butter whick I think is 1 1/4 pound of butter. Why such the increase? I've also heard up to 2 ounces of material per stick of butter. I'm a heavy smoker. I just don't want it to be to weak, I'm not worried about the ammount of material I use?

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by Bionik Kronik
    So I have a question? Carrie, you say to use an ouce of bud per pound of butter. In TY issue 13 MzJill did an article about making butter and her recipe says 4-6 ounces of material per 5 stick of butter whick I think is 1 1/4 pound of butter. Why such the increase? I've also heard up to 2 ounces of material per stick of butter. I'm a heavy smoker. I just don't want it to be to weak, I'm not worried about the ammount of material I use?
    we use 1.5 oz of trim per pound of butter and get approx. 80 pieces per pound (squares, cookies or whatever) ... this seems to be a good potency for us and the pieces are not too big [4x5x2cm](sometimes I need the medicine but not hungry enough to eat a lot)

If they will lie to you about your health ... what will they NOT lie to you about?

Zygote

Thumbs Up/Down

Nice one post Carrie there.... Keep sharing more one's with all the member's of the forum.... Thanks allot....

Zygote

Thumbs Up/Down

Smile butter to weed ratiio

I am looking for some help in regards to making some canna butter as potent as possible. I have been using one oz of ground bud to one pound butter, with water, heating this up, and cooling 6-8 times over 10 hours, I have the weed in nylons so there is no straining involved. I then put this in a blender then in the freezer for 1 hour then take the bottom off, drain the liquid, turn blender over into a tupperware container and wammo, a solid beautiful block of butter. I will definetly try the crock pot method next time, I was just wondering if anyone else had luck with using 2 oz bud/1 pound butter?
    6 months ago I was taking 480 mg oxy-contin, and 90 mg methadone per day for pain relief, as of today I only use 20mg oxy 3x/day thanks to this butter, and Marco setting me up with a fantastic DG, which has been life changing.
    I just seem to go thru the baked goods like hot cakes, so i was wondering about increasing the ratio.
    Thank you in advance for any advice or ideas.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12