Embryo

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Default Any OIF or OEF vets out there???

Just seen not much activity in here so tyhought i would see if we got any combat vets out there.

scrumptious

I believe that there is an introduction from a new one. I thought you were on about a vet for your pet...so I guess I don't count do I?

Thumbs Up/Down

Not a combat vet but I was in during the damned Iranian hostage deal back in the day and seen my fair share of gov fubar and dudes paying the price for it unfortuantly

I do want to thank you for the sacrifice you have made for us all and wish you well in your quest dude

Peace to you and yours ..fish
    "Medicines often produce side effects. Sometimes they are physically unpleasant. Cannabis too has discomforting side effects, but these are not physical they are political"

Thumbs Up/Down

Since I don't have the slightest idea what OIF or OEF means, I'm blaming it on the Agent Orange from Vietnam 68-69. Semper Fi! (sounds better than 'Army of One')
    Peace

Medical Marijuana patient(2005):
    ......Guillain Barre' Syndrome, Insulin dependant Diabetes and SCS implant for pain.

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by LowkonXC
    Since I don't have the slightest idea what OIF or OEF means, I'm blaming it on the Agent Orange from Vietnam 68-69. Semper Fi! (sounds better than 'Army of One')

Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom

aka Gulf War Take two

pvtdecker22
    Thank you for your service! I hope it didn't leave any permanent scars physical or mental.

I would guess there are some other recent veterans that have come here or are members. I would also suspect many of them would not necessarily be forthcoming with that info. Just a guess but if I was a veteran I wouldn't necessarily be talking about it much here as I wouldn't want to give any info that might ID me to anyone that might have a desire to cause issue over anything. Just my thought.

-Q
    Last edited by Quixotic; 04-09-2008 at 10:50 AM.
    TY Rules and Regulations apply to ALL members

LINK to RULES -->http://www.treatingyourself.com/vbul...ad.php?t=12022

Please take the time to read the rules and regulations.

Have you made your introduction post yet?

BE the Change you desire!

Thumbs Up/Down

well in my case .for a canadian ...i was involve in peace keeping in chyprus .i was there for only 3 months ..to replace another soldier from my unit who was home sick ...i was in the artillery but did a lots of training ..only training ....so sorry if the only experience i have is in peace keeping ..i was a life guard because it was way too hot overthere ....what i remember is when i was there after 1 1/2 month elvis presly die ..so that was 1977..time flies fun or not ....7
    :) ..real friendship is like health ..
    you do not know its real value ...
    until...you loose it ...7:)

[url]http://www.phoenixtearsmovie.com/[/url]

Embryo

Thumbs Up/Down

Default Peace or not

Thats cool peace or not you served your country. I was just trying to see if there has been many others like myself who have told the VA to keep the pills and turned to mmj. But i enjoy talking to all veterens. Old or young , peace or conflict. dont matter. I just thought maybe I could stirr some activity up in the vet forum. Good day to all.

Thumbs Up/Down

i just want to give my 2 cents here if u dont mind about ex ..soldier or any other forces ...
    when i was in the army .everything was great .i was a member of the force and as long as you can do your job everything is oopsi do .when i was there in the same unit was my older brother .he was an outstanding men .in training ..after 4 years or so serving his unit he went oversea germany and other places also ..at the last round of practice we had together because he had stripe on his sleeves he was in charge of training the green guy ....a bad accident did happend dropping l50 <2 1/2 ton cannon >from chopper ..he did push away a green guy so he would not get kill and got his foot squich by the l59 ...i was about 25 feets away from him when this happend ...to this day i have never seen a foot twist that way ..he went to emergency surgery .he got pins and metal plate in his ankle ...because of this very bad accident he was no longer able to serve his country .he got his honorable discharge ......and a very very small in fact ridiculous amount of $ each months just to remind him of that bad day ....my point ...yes i got a point
    after the canadian forces do discharge from duty any member .there is no follow up
    and i know that first hand he did require additionalsurgery and the army did not want to toutch him with a 10 foots poles ...
    ...when you are wearing a green uniform and are a active member of any unit you got the support ..that is for the army ....
    when you wear a blue shirt and represent the gov then it is ...a different story
    jobs siting on your ass all your life and pension that keep increasing every years after

well i am getting to mad to keep going now .i will get back to finish it later ...7

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/1

I was hurt in the First Persian Gulf, in 1988, before it was official. Thus no medals.

After being on limited duty on base for 2 years, I was offered to be able to get out on a medical .. Navy gave me 10%.. VA upgraded it too 20%. Me as a fool took it.. should have had 100%.

I didn't realize I had a year to visit a VA and get it upgraded. Now they try to deny anything wrong with me. Luckily, while on limited duty, I made a copy of my medical records..

Peace
    Learn from the Past...
    Dream of the Future...
    But, Live Today......

----------------
    |Rev Hammer|
    ----------------

Thumbs Up/Down

Default Iraqi vet

I was in the first year with flackvests and in an armor unit so it was the race for baghdad we had a fked up time in al hilal right before we went through karbala, seen the worst stuff anyone should have to see, dogs eating faces off dead people like it was a treat like pig ears and snouts, people stretched out on the road cause they were ran over after they died, i was a combat medic when we first entered baghdad the hospitals where all looted just like everything else, so we saw any iraqi's w/ life limb or eyesight plus our own guys, now we were just a battalion that was attatched to 3rd ID then in baghdad for a little bit before they went north we were attatched to 101st, we were not prepared for the medical nescesity's of children we didnt have small enough et tubes alot of children died because we didnt have the equipment to save them, also to much truama, alot of people were dead before we even got them, nothing was pretty, the country smells like shit litteraly, after that we moved into an old republican guard base and stayed there for the rest of my tour its around that time we got the vest's w/ the plates, and we were buying window ac's off the translaters and the hell outta ciggarettes as they were only $2.50 for a carton, we made our own shitters before we got porta potty's about 3 months before we left, we didnt have midtour leave, i didnt get emergency leave for my grandpa's funeral he was also a medic and was injured in france he was a paratrooper and was injured during landing, we helped make a clinic stocked it with supplies, we helped secure around the schools so kids could go w/o being kidnapped, we also beat prisoners that were terrorists or rapists, its hard to try to sleep knowing some of the graphic things they can do it makes you want to have old school wild west justice we shoulda lined em up cause many were released if they were shiat malitia or if some paperwork had a little mistake, they lived to kill another day...i have tinitis from almost being hit with mortar shrapnel, i have ulcerative colitis that started out there, i have very bad ptsd and have TBI from so many mortar attacks and ied's im waiting on my %100 plus social security as unemployable veteran status, i would have made a great P.A. or even a Doctor but i couldnt even handle being an LPN to many triggers in the medical field so i cant work, i have such bad anxiety i cant go to community college to use my gi bill and times running up on that, i had to save my leave time so i could ETS before a stoploss that would have put me in for another year, but ive been going to alot of phsycology therapy and occupational therapy unfortunately im not in a state that has medical cannabis laws so i have to take many VA meds because i ran out of smoke because we had to move into a basement cause we were going broke and its family so i cant grow here my stuff's just in a storage unit waiting for seeds and RO water w/ some nutes and some cuttings, but things are looking up we have family members that are willing to take a risk and let us set up there, but she has ms and he has lymphoma so they need cannameds just as much as i do. oh and the famous picture of sadam falling from an 88 has usualy been credited to the wrong people it was our 88 that pulled it down in karbala and we ended up in the sunni triangle i often volunteered to go on missions because anytime you leave the wire you want a medic w/ you because i wanted my wife to inheret the 250,000 because i thought for sure i was gunna die, to many close calls, so many i dont know why i didnt die when others that had familys and wanted to get home didnt make it, i had my letters ready and they are the hardest thing to do, to write a letter to your loved ones knowing if they read it it means your dead but i didnt die a hero i did get a combat medical badge but that wasnt very special if you ask me cause we couldve had dozens of cmb's with as much direct fire and aid we had, i wanted to be in arlington were at least one day a year people would walk around and get to see me, instead if my %100 doesnt come soon or if my wife finaly has had it you will be able to find my under a bridge by a little stream at least i have %40 right now, thats enough to buy groceries and clothing if needed and i have alot of camping gear so im not worried about that but at what ive become, leftovers...i feel very very sorry for the soldiers that have had many tours or 15 month tours...i shook then general petreas hand once and he said that the people who fight the fight get replaced w/ peace keepers but i guess he couldnt pull that off but i do think he has a good idea of the culture over there and im glad they promoted him...
    ive had a few suicide attemts i know its shamefull unless you look at it from the old japanese traditions ive also been a cutter because when you have intrusive thoughts you cant stop and you cant shake them if i cut myself i imeadiatly am put back to focus on the good pain the stimulation from the cutting i wouldnt even say pain its soothing compared to the intrusive memories ill always have, but my wife caught me and now if i do it again ill have to go to the 10th floor in the va hospital, the mental ward and all i want is to take my cannamedicine as im worse on the va meds than i am off them but i cant stay off them unless i have a steady supply which im almost there...i almost got scammed being so desperate i had $720 to go to marijuanagrams luckily i researched them before i sent it cause it was what was left of our stimulous check and we wouldve never seen that or anything from them again...so im left to being a criminal in the eyes of the law for trying to grow medicine that works far better and with far less side effects than the ones they have me take now, i did order peak's northernberry i think it will be great for me...im not worried about some leo trying to peace parts of this to find out who i am or even a general idea cause its not in the place im at...2/70th AR we arrived march 5th to train at the burm at kuwaite and left on valentines day 2004....
    no Hoora's for you after you get out, even the food at the va is expensive compared to regular hospitals and they treat you like garbage but thats just been my experience, i have not seen any movie that remotely portrays the iraq war, and i wish i could have a bare nuckle fight with micheal moore for using soldiers on heavy medication and editing what they had to say...peace at least thats what i want is to be left at peace no more did you shoot anybody? what was it like? it was hell and sometimes at night if i woke w/o it being from a barrage of mortars i would wonder if i was in some coma nightmare that i woke up from and was back in the states a fleeting thought untill i realised i was on a cot not 2 ft from the other guys cot's....sorry for the ramble and sorry if i offended anyone but this is just my opinions and they may be screwed or biased by what ive been through...i still havent gotten a memorial tatoo for the brothers i lost over there but i can never decide how can you capture a memorial like that in ink? one day maybe ill find a way to honor them...please please please dont use this as an example of why we need to be there or why we need to pull out. i cant stand hearing about those debates because of how conflicted i become over it all, its to much to take in at once to consider...ill stop rampling now peace? i guess

Thumbs Up/Down

Default thing i forgot to mention

i forgot to mention i wonder somtimes if the anthrax series of shots will be the next agent orange every time i got one my lyphnodes would swell up and i would get sick, and we were exposed to depleted uranium from the silo tank rounds and asbethos in the motorpool, when you sign you sign your life your body your rights and freedom of dessicions to the property of the united states

Thumbs Up/Down

Then they embarass you with denials of minimal assistance while hoping you would just crawl away somewhere out of sight and die. I may be proud to have survived Vietnam but that doesn't make the military right. They are constantly offering the new military peeps benefits that I never heard of. In fact there has yet to any substantial gift to past Veterans. Gov't officials are only worried about protecting their own asses, and right now. If it doesn't benefit their family then they don't want to hear about it. They are so grotesquelly over paid and most benefits are hidden from the public mainstream so that they just want to stay comfortable and get re-elected.
    Peace

Medical Marijuana patient(2005):
    ......Guillain Barre' Syndrome, Insulin dependant Diabetes and SCS implant for pain.

Thumbs Up/Down

Default benefits?

they offer benifits if you reinlist while your in iraq, they offered me some college and pldc when i get back i told them i would rather fck a goat then go to pldc to become a sgt and wanted nothing to do w/ the millitary after i got out, but thats because there trying real hard to not start a draft, instead they try to bribe but they dont get there money when they die do they? and there are programs available to vietnam vets go to your VA and find where the patient advocates are or the vfw will tell you too, you have more than you may think my friend they just keep it a secret you have to do everything yourself you have to bug people even if it takes all you got to suck it up and get in there...peace and they only offer the benifits to the MOS's that are in need the most usualy because of the wounded/death rate...would you take there benifets?

Thumbs Up/Down

very sorry jon about your bad experience ..you do sound like a very intelligent man ...somebody with a brain like you could be an activist .to represent all of the man and woman who served their country ....good luck and peace ...7

Thumbs Up/Down

Default activist?

I dont want to be an advocate for or against the war, ive been to conflicted...however i do try to contact all my officials repeatidly to try to get missouri to legalize medical cannabis...the next step is either remecade or surgery to take out my whole large intestine and i choose neither, cannabis not only helps w/ the pain of ulcers eating on my intestines but it puts it back into remission better and faster than the prednisone which i absolutely hate it makes me psychotic, and i do mention that when i contact them and include my service and cmb and always sign with
    Sincerely Registered Voter (Name) peace