Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0
    Given: 0/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Default chocolate chunk was a flop

i just want to post that i started about ten differnt lots of seeds and the worse germ rate came from these chocolate chunk seeds....2 of 10 actually made it.

i started all of them the same way, paper towel method....almost all the other seeds had cracked and grew nice tap roots and were transplanted....showed excellent deterimation in wanting to grow..

the cc seeds on the other hand, eight of them did crack and showed some meat comming out of the shells but wernt exceling past that stage.....four days later i decided to just put them in dirt and see what happens....i had two come up and one of them looks pretty shotty at that. no tap roots came out during germinating them.....it just seemed like they didnt have enough energy to get up and go....

does anyone have any thoughts or experience with thseeds or this strain in particular? did i maybe just get an old pack or something.....
    Once in a while you will get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

Embryo

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0

I grew out a bunch of chocolate chunk...but the seeds were f2's from someone that had grown the cc themseleves and had produced seeds themselves. I'm not sure where he got the original seeds or if he used a clone he purchased. They grew very slowly as it is a pure indica....takes about 4 weeks to get to 4-5 inches...about half the growth rate of indica/sativa hybrids. I had decent results...the bud was quite nice but the plants were slow growing and had a healthy stretch...given I vegged them for 4 weeks...I was quite surprised with the amount of stretch. I did purchase ths da purps and burmese kush recently and had a zero germ rate for almost 2 weeks until I sprayed the seeds with hydrogen peroxide...this worked and most of the seeds cracked and threw threads but the seedlings looked quite unhealthy...so I aborted. I also found a post by someone that had grown out both of these new ths strains and the results were not even remtely similar to ths descriptions of the strains. I've heard many bad things about thseeds...their strain descriptions very often do not match the plants grown...and many people have stated that the bud they have grown from thseeds has been not good. I'd stay away from thseeds...esp given how expensive they are. There are several very good seed producers out there you could try out for much less with much more reliable results. I've grown out several of Mandala's strains and all were excellent...very hardy and fast growing...since their strains are landrace. Also motarebel strains are quite good if you can find them...and inexpensive. I've had great results from Joey weed and spice brothers seeds and they are inexpensive as well. I've had better results from the less expensive seeds I've purchased than from the more expensive. You can check out the following link:

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.p...light=da+purps

Hope this helps.
    Humani Nil A Me Alienum Puto.
    (Nothing Human Is Alien To Me)

American Syringomyelia Alliance Project
    http://www.asap.org

hashimoto

I was looking at that exact pack and opted for Kushage instead. I had good germ rates, 8 of 10, but the Kushage wasn't useful as medicine.
    I'm pretty sure both packs were bought at the same time so should be the same age.

Thumbs Up/Down

thats right moto, that is the same pack.....you know when ya start seeds and they shoot tails in teh paper towel method.....well these just didnt have the umph....no get up and go, no wind in there sails.....you get my drift.....i think they were just piss poor seeds....but what do i know...lol
    Once in a while you will get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

Founder & Publisher of TY Marco Renda's Avatar

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 25/0
    Given: 2/0

Hey Slater not to worry as I believe that those seeds came from me so I will do what I can to replace them for you. Not sure if I have any of those genetics left but if I do they are yours. If I don't have any of those genetics left you are more than welcome to get some other genetics that tickle your fancy. The seed company don't tell me how old their packs of seeds are when they give them to me. The only germination issues that I have ever had was with some of Sensi Seeds, Soma and Paradise but NEVER THSEEDS

I guess that this can happen with anyones genetics could be a bad batch.

Take Care and Peace
    Marco

Thumbs Up/Down

hell marco they were cheap nuff, i am not sweating it.....seeds are a gamble....i will however be looking you up at hempfest so have your best suits and shoes polished.....do a hog roast or something...lol

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by pseudo67
    There are several very good seed producers out there you could try out for much less with much more reliable results. I've grown out several of Mandala's strains and all were excellent...very hardy and fast growing...since their strains are landrace. Also motarebel strains are quite good if you can find them...and inexpensive. I've had great results from Joey weed and spice brothers seeds and they are inexpensive as well. I've had better results from the less expensive seeds I've purchased than from the more expensive. You can check out the following link:

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.p...light=da+purps

Hope this helps.

thanks for the reply....you are correct that there are many good seeds out there...the best ones are usually free, at least that has been my experience....i have grown jw c-99 with stellar results....i will have to do a serch and see what i can find on these other seed sellers you mention.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 234/0
    Given: 152/0

Any pictures of this strain growing ? I have a Thai looking plant that came up in my Sour Bubble seeds and I am hoping this is an old bit of choc thai crossed to the Sour Bubble.

S_a_H
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Choc Thai x Sour bubble 001.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	83.4 KB 
ID:	21647   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Choc Thai x Sour bubble 002.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	112.0 KB 
ID:	21648   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Choc Thai x Sour bubble 004.JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	52.6 KB 
ID:	21649   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	todays2112 001 [800x600].JPG 
Views:	20 
Size:	78.2 KB 
ID:	21650  

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0

moto grows that for me, i'll get him to take a photo or 2

Thumbs Up/Down

Just hoping for some more info.

S_a_H
    Last edited by S_a_H; 12-08-2007 at 09:24 PM.

hashimoto

Chocolate Chunk is 100% Indica, no chocolate smell or taste, smells and tastes sweet like candy or fruit, chunky buds is true. Finishes in 56 days.

I can upload some plant photos tomorrow if you'd like to see.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chocchunk 002.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	165.9 KB 
ID:	21658  

Thumbs Up/Down

i didnt have any luck with the chock chunk but the hog bean i received was 100% out of five germed...was quite suprised as tehy didnt look like they was going to do well....ya just never know.

Thumbs Up/Down

Has anyone else out there got anything like this from the Sour Bubble seeds given out ?

S_a_H

Thumbs Up/Down

i didnt have any luck with the cc s@h. i really wish i had though...anyways i am intersted in how the sb4's are doing and that odd duck....i have contacte dother and havent been able to find another odd duck yet, but i will keep trying to find out more.

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by slater
    i didnt have any luck with the cc s@h. i really wish i had though...anyways i am intersted in how the sb4's are doing and that odd duck....i have contacte dother and havent been able to find another odd duck yet, but i will keep trying to find out more.
    I'll get some more shots of it next time I get into the room. It is really a slower grower and I am looking forward to doing several at once to see better how they do.

S_a_H

Thumbs Up/Down

yes, they are slow in veg, i said that when i offered them out...slow growing, not a big yeild....but potent stuff fer sure....