Thread: Vapor Genie

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Default Vapor Genie

http://vaporgenie.com/

There have been a couple of posts in the past about these vapes. I bought one and received it a couple of days ago. I was quite skeptical but figured the price was right and it could make a great travel vape.

It took me a couple of bowls to figure out the optimal way to use it and then it was on. I love it. I haven't burnt a single bowl and I have had in the neighborhood of 20 of them by now. It is quite smooth and gives great medical benefits.

If you want a travel vape that requires nothing but a lighter this is a great choice. Put it in your pocket and away you go. How many vapes fit in your pocket let alone take no electricity? They shipped it fast, discreet and their customer service is awesome.

I give it my highest recommendation.

Vegetative Member

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0

how does it work to keep flame from penetrating the chamber etc. What does herb look like when you are finish? is it ash?
    Sounds interesting.

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down

It's a vaporizer not a pipe. The weed comes out looking like any other duff. There is a piece of ceramic that is between the weed and flame. The flame heats up the ceramic disk which heats up the weed to vaping temps.

Shake the pipe around a little betwen hits to stir up the meds to get the most out of it. I have been using it every night after I use my Vapor Brothers during the day. I always like smoking at night and this gives the feeling of smoking while vapeing. I very rarely smoke anymore.

hashimoto

I was looking at those at the shop and wondered how to properly use em, thanks for the info before a customer asked me 'how do I use it'?
    Only sold box type and voodoo vapos so far but probably would'nt have sold any if I didn't know how to properly present em. Vapolution's soon in stock, only Volcano in the shop is mine

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down

I would definately recomend it!

Vegetative Member

Thumbs Up/Down

Quote Originally Posted by mental marijuana
    It's a vaporizer not a pipe. The weed comes out looking like any other duff. There is a piece of ceramic that is between the weed and flame. The flame heats up the ceramic disk which heats up the weed to vaping temps.

Shake the pipe around a little betwen hits to stir up the meds to get the most out of it. I have been using it every night after I use my Vapor Brothers during the day. I always like smoking at night and this gives the feeling of smoking while vapeing. I very rarely smoke anymore.

only thing that worries me is the inhaling of lighter fumes (butane)as this is not real healthy from what I have read. Will a match work or do u need heat of a lighter

Seedling

Thumbs Up/Down

I don't see why a match wouldn't work. A wooden one not the paper ones. The long wooden matches would really work.

I have thought about the inhaling of butane as well. Not sure where I stand on it I guess I need to do a little research. I hold my lighter aimed up but I am sure I am just drawing the butane in with the flame anyway.

You definitely have to hold the flame to the bowl longer than a standard pipe because it needs to reach a certain temp. If anybody has any thoughts on the butane issue I would love to hear em.

Vegetative Member

Thumbs Up/Down

http://www.vapeguide.com/vaporizer/phedor.html

I wonder if this would work for that bowl It would take care of the butane.
    I understand butane causes cancer so I be careful. I have always used matches until I got an aromed vap.

Zygote

Thumbs Up/Down

I have a vapolution I'm very happy with. I highly recommend their All-in-wonder bowl. I used a tea light candle on the light bulb vape I made. I'm getting quite a paraphernalia collection, but might get a vapor genie sometime. I would suggest using a candle for them.

Thumbs Up/Down

Default I have done a review on this....

Should be in an upcoming issue.

Things I did not address as they didnt happen right away or I didnt think to answer the question.

1. Butane issues - I can taste the butane when using a small BIC type lighter which is the kind they reccomend to use. Obviously a candle would present an issue or two if you are travelling and not standing still. I think it would be a fire hazard in the car too. I bought an I-roda from Canadian Tire for 20. It has little lighter type refills but works like a blow torch. Seems much cleaner and hotter and I dont taste any butane. Might be burning off more....? any thoughts from any physicists on this? Candle would work at home as the bowl can be used upside down. As for matches I dont think they would be hot enough for long enough. Until your ceramic is heated up it can take a few minutes to get a good hit out of it.

2. The little pipe piece in the end fell out after a week of use. This really P'd me off. 80 bucks I thought was pretty dear to have anything fall off...but hey. I now have a piece of dum dum holding it in as there are no threads. It is just a stick it in fit into wood and as the wood swells and shrinks it falls out when cold. I almost lost it a few times. Kinda cheap part considering the cost....not very well thought out. I would reccomend putting something to hold that part in place right away.

3. The pipe comes with the instructions DO NOT OVERFILL....the reason becomes abundantly clear if you try. Frustrated with the small bowl size and having to re-load all day and barely be able to put it down if this is all I am using to medicate I tried to jam a little bit more in. If your medicine touches this ceramic rock though it will burn right away. The bowl should always be just below the top to allow movement of air through your medicine. Crumbled meds work best. I have a small locking travel box I got from Staples that I fit in a small container of meds, the I-roda, the Vapor Genie, a tiny spoon and a baggie for the duff.

4. When your stone gets really hot airflow through the stone becomes key. You need to suck a little faster to pull the air through the stone a little faster so that the air does not get so super heated that you burn your meds or your throat. Many folks on first try (having never vaped before) start talking how they arent getting anything till they see the vapor they claim they dont have spilling out their mouths! It is very smooth if done right and doesnt take long to master.

5. Chronic heavy users will find this to be a good fill in when away from home but never an every day thing. It just doesnt hold enough meds for a heavy user and the repeated fillings get tiring and hard on your wrist. A larger (flat oval maybe) bowl could fix this problem but might make the pipe unweildly.

6. If you have shaky hands this item may NOT be for you. The threads were very hard to line up properly all the time (maybe this is my brain injury) and I often dumped my meds out on my lap. They could easily improve the function of this by adding a tiny bit of metal below the threads to balance the top in the bowl. This would line the threads up for you each time and save it from falling out while you try to screw it. (If anyone from vapor genie is reading)

In any case the review will be in either Issue 9 or 10 I'm sure - complete with pics. Hope it helps someone.

Zygote

Thumbs Up/Down

Try the Vapman if the butane taste bothers you. Search Vapman on YOUTUBE to see the unit in action.

Thumbs Up/Down

Default I love my vapman!

I use it everywhere!
    Just Grow It!!!

Thumbs Up/Down

the VG is a great pipe.....there are definitely ways to optimize the use of a lighter as heat source, though.....there must be a cleaner safer way to heat the VG's element.....
    stealth is wealth.

i am a sick man and have been in severe pain for more than five years. without cannabis and pain medication i am worse than dead. i am just looking for ways to reform the law, take care of my wife and children without fear, and let LEO focus on real crime.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Given: 5/0

Cool

Salutations,

Clearly this is kind of late but yet i just can't imagine a more suitable place where to post it!

LEGALEEZE stuff

Please feel welcome to appreciate Egzoset's "LAVA" conceptual yet most enthousiast (and donated...) extension to VaporGenie's intellectual property, initially invented by Dan Steinberg nearly 2 decades ago, then rightfully patented (US7434584-B2) and published in 2008. <=

Consequently lets keep in mind this is actually foccussed on legit VG owners prepared to void the warranty in order to explore possible DiY upgrades, hopefully inspired by my present personal 6th year testimony. In addition be advised that all requests involving material, commerce, services and/or even exchanges shall be promptly rejected simply because IT'S A HOBBY (e.g. centered on free cognitive contributions illustrated by a photo collection)...

Since 2010 the driving force of Egzoset ain't ever been mercantile trade, not even a tiny bit and that's all there is to say about the social "context" (e.g. pay no attention to anyone pretending that's for self-serving financial benefit or similar ego-centric advancement)! The one thing to be found here has to do with "sharing the fun", nothing else. As a result the purpose of my 6th-year dedicated thread is strictly restricted to providing eventual instructions on how to perform a transformation so that others than myself can acquire an independent capability to DUPLICATE & PEER REVIEW...

The rest WILL be considered as potential hostile (obstructive) noise destined to be managed accordingly.

In other words no apparent advertising here is real, it's a parody (seasoned with a mix of fantasy & proof-of-concept) merely intended to entertain while equally suggesting what the forgotten Fig. 11/12 item of Steinberg's registered patent could have become, twenty-some years later...

The present thread title leads quite naturally to my 1st illustration:

Nearly 2 decades ago Dan Steinberg proved well inspired when he chose the main component material for his patented design:

Except IMHO it turns out his forgotten Fig. 11/12 item too belongs to what would actually count most inside, not only SiC foam eventually:

Experimentation repeatedly suggested that juxtaposition of those 2 objects with radically contrasting properties gives access to some emerging transition properties quite valuable in a pulse-heating flash-vaporization scenario which i tagged as "Micro-Bursting", because a Hybrid-Core's mass-dependant "Energy Charge" (or bubble) briefly gets depleted when it reaches the contact-surface of trichome glands, hopefully...

Put more simply this paves the path to systemic "Packetization" of the energy injection process, itself opening the door to precision "Micro-Dosing", etc. In the end all it takes is a Curie alloy to set a charge level for IH-driven mode...

Then fire! But never using fire. After all it's been done before, just no yet!...

What's so great about it is the simultaneous superposition of 2 energy-defined layouts (e.g. "Bi-Energy"!), one mode i call "Plan-B" has been based on clean-burning butane since my 2013 "Prototyping Platform" projects, while the other option promptly invites electro-magnetic IH-driving pioneers to evaluate butane substitutions, to the attention of purists who won't tolerate butane, etc.

Perhaps having e-Liquid in auxiliary boilers/evaporators, to "Potentiate" the "Release/Transport Agent"...

It's little more involving than implementing a top with ceramic or glass i guess.

Yet i'll confess full-metal tops come with desirable features, starting with the fact this won't normally threaten to burn skin. The apparent paradox or contradiction is a mirage, time duration of Pre-Heating is too brief compared to mass to cause serious concern. On another hand abuse remains a possibility if desired.

As a bonus such switching to a cleaner-burning TORCH "blue" flame (even twin ones...) happens to offer real insight on High-Power/Performance aroma/taste appreciation-oriented "Micro-Bursting". "Plan-A" awaits the brave, YMMV.

Each time i thought i was done transforming my customized VG pipe more ideas popped out after a while, like some years-old "PinHole", inspired by the VapMan to be honest.

M'well, here are the late news! A metal cut wouldn't have been necessary if a tiny titanium drill bit (between 1/64 to 3/64, or #55 and similar) had been available locally (which shall be corrected soon!):

Of course most readers may start to feel confused by the lack of details, so please remember that the whole story got disseminated across multiple forums over the net since practically the creation of Egzoset in 2010, hence trust TinyPic/Google patient indexation with a few specific keywords to find more. A diaporama works best for me...

Good day, have fun!!
    http://www.jango.com/profiles/44436821

Thumbs Up/Down

Update:

Thumbs Up/Down

More update...

Thumbnail:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Egzoset's Cust. VG Pipe - Minion 4-20 Ed. (2019-Apr-13) [640x480] .PNG 
Views:	76 
Size:	501.7 KB 
ID:	60908

Thumbs Up/Down

Salutations,

My recent 6th yr "edition" definitely proved beneficial by clearing the way to "universal" (VG Top) concepts intended to fit customized Classic wood, Classic Aluminium and/or Bronze Sherlock handles ultimately:

Name:	Egzoset's 6th Year Edition of Cust. VG Pipe (2019-Mar-11) [400x300] .PNG 
Views:	65 
Size:	105.0 KB 
ID:	60920

For starters i based both these systems on split PinHole paths which conveniently allow role swapping between halves while remaining functional. The one above caused me to alter the mating surfaces of a Monobloc's flat Screw-Base annular disc vs its associated Handle-Socket counterpart, euh... Briefly put, the act of screwing my cust. VG handle & top together promoted Handle-side PH-Path plugging by vegetal debris, which prompted for a possible correction shown below:

Name:	Egzoset's 6th Year Edition of Cust. VG Pipe (2019-Apr-19) [400x300] .PNG 
Views:	64 
Size:	86.3 KB 
ID:	60921

Notice how this ulterior implementation managed to leave that Monobloc's flat annular item relatively untouched:

Name:	Egzoset's Customized VG Classic - Internal PinHole Path (2019-Apr-10) [420x360] .PNG 
Views:	61 
Size:	221.4 KB 
ID:	60922

But then the Handle-side PH-path required an air-tight "containment bridge" to effectively connect it with my Top-side Core-PH Path:

Name:	Egzoset's Cust. VG Classic - Internal PH Path (2019-Apr-10) [480x400] .PNG 
Views:	56 
Size:	327.9 KB 
ID:	60923

Yet it turns out i figured no such bridge is required at all if dealing with a cust. VG Classic Aluminium Handle while even possibly supporting Manual 2-Fingers PH control instead (!), for example:

Name:	Egzoset's Cotton in Mating Junction, 2-Fingers PH and Bio-Feedback (2017-Jan-13, 2019-Apr-23) .PNG 
Views:	56 
Size:	347.8 KB 
ID:	60924

M'well, when i labelled it i actually meant it's "Right-Handed" despite the fact it's the left hand which holds the pipe while i operate a butane torch using my right one. The other version being a symetrical mirror image of it, with finger/setting features inverted, etc... Overall this particular model may even exceed the Bronze Sherlock PinHole offer by simultaneously supporting 2-Hands 3-Fingers manual PH control: my left thumb would induce turbulences past the bowl, within a large auxiliary cavity where some vortex effect appears to capture dust though noble cannabic "fumet" also, hence a need to "purge" the hole thing via a split On-Top Core-PH path modulated with my left-hand index working in tandem with my right-hand thumb. At that point it may start feeling like playing a mute flute!

It all relies on a bi-direction coaxial Screw-Base adaptation exploiting a Monobloc's pre-existing pair of annular "channels" to link parts of the PinHole path together.

That's work-on-progress - All fun!

Thumbs Up/Down

Exclamation

Time for an update!

Sometimes experiments conclude with a negative result and this happens to be the case with my last/recent proposal as illustrated previously:

Name:	Egzoset's Cust. VG Pipe - Only Dan Steinberg can do it! (2019-May-8) [480x360] .PNG 
Views:	50 
Size:	278.3 KB 
ID:	60940

Most unfortunately the Classic-look Aluminium handle is featured with a Screw-Base mating system obviously requiring too much precision for such implementation to be performed at home, while i'm still not too confident the manufacturer can do it even if desired (which ain't the case so far, to say the least)...

Anyway the main problem with my On-Top internal PinHole path for a Classic Aluminium handle got clearly revealed at last:

Name:	Egzoset's Cust. VG Pipe - Int. Screw-Base Socket PH Path (2019-May-8) [300x360] .PNG 
Views:	49 
Size:	173.8 KB 
ID:	60941

Air-tight containment was lost after the path got punctured at the interface between that pipe's bowl and its aluminium handle: it was just too thin and must be sealed now if i'm going to do anything useful about it...

Which feels quite regrettable considering there was potential for a universal system capable of maintaining compatibility with existing products of the Classic and Sherlock Bronze lines. Another option would be to drill the intermediary hole at a safe distance from the handle cavity around a bowl, e.g. with a containment bridge (collar) as demontrated previously, except it would be part of the "top" itself (by extending its recessed base to support an O-Ring). Etc., etc.

Both the wood Classic and Sherlock Bronze handles support 2-Fingers manual control but the wood units ain't offering best convenience of maintenance (+ reclaims) while the other simply never reached the aroma/taste appreciation level of an aluminium Classic also capable of outperforming wood handles relatively to these 2 features.

In any case i had to test my idea as its appeal proved irresistible. Yet do NOT try this at home!

Good day, have fun!!

Thumbs Up/Down

Thumbs Up/Down

Thumbs Up/Down

Salutations,

A more complete set of pictures starting in 2010 has been added to my dedicated Google Photos album which can now be reached conveniently via Tumblr, or just by using this link as provided right below:

[ https://photos.app.goo.gl/vYjgGjcaxkoEv2HD8 ]
    Semi DiY Challenge(s)​

Good day have fun!!