Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vapor Genie

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/0
    Given: 8/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Update

With CoViD-19 slow progress is now at a stall well beyond crawling, if not totally interrupted. So, unfortunately i'm stuck at this level:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Slim Full-Metal Cust. VG Tops by Egzoset (2020-Mar-17) [400x360] .PNG 
Views:	22 
Size:	296.6 KB 
ID:	60992

...and it may be a long while before normal life can resume again.

Nonetheless future transformations rely on a correctly aligned central axis to help match features from both side of a Full-Metal (alu) sphere, namely the "Flame Catcher" and "Monobloc"... In addition lets better illustrate the global objective i got in mind, with focus put on weight distribution:

Name:	Egzoset's Cust. VG Pipe - About Mass Ratios (2019-Jul-7) [480x350] .PNG 
Views:	20 
Size:	298.9 KB 
ID:	60993

This is a precursor idea of my LAVACapsule system, still unsure what's the most appropriate material to depend on.

The wood Tops assembly illustrates shape but not finish, while the Full-Metal alternative provides some hint about what range of weight to expect. Which matters because of this:

Name:	Egzoset's Cust. VG Pipe - Susceptor to Flux Concentrator Mass Ratio (2019-Jul-18) [300x300] .PNG 
Views:	21 
Size:	177.4 KB 
ID:	60994

Total weight of bowl/core and Monobloc metals with moderate to strong magnetic properties only represent a fraction of this whole capsule. I'm expecting the susceptor to weight around 1 ~ 2 % of my LAVA capsule assy. and ~15 % of some ferro-magnetic alloy(s) inside. It's a know fact that energy doesn't move instantly, this feature combined with other factors as heat retention will provide an opportunity to experiment with selective spot-heating, IMO, while the capsule remains safe to the touch: only its core is temporarily storing energy, in the hundred Joules range i believe.

Flux concentrators may prove to be required, i wish i could test that, but then i'd still miss Inlet Water...

Simple physical coil reconfiguration in some existing ready-made 3rd-party commercial IH-driven cooker base would make sense, eventually.

Good day, have fun!!
    http://www.jango.com/profiles/44436821

Thumbs Up/Down

Smile

More update.

What i like to have around to experiment with and explore on a sunny morning:

Been rediscovering fresh + ABV blends recently. The exhales feel surprizingly generous and i don't dislike moderate hints reminescent of fermentation as in alcohol i'd say. Dealing with "legal" herbs there's some relief in the adoption of Pulse Heating, in opposition to Deep Ovenizing, so now i preferably target tiny contact-surfaces as those of trichome glands while hoping to leave behind non-noble substances which infuse through the whole vegetal tissue - e.g. keeping contaminants away, with relatively short trichome stems conveniently separating the precious glands from such potential nuisance so the frost almost floats above. M'well, ideally it's calling for a Convective/Radiative Heat application IMO.

Full-Metal tops sort of help to cope with my goal(s) while i'm trying to stick closer to VaporGenie's genuine spherical theme as in wooden/aluminium Classic units. So far i get the impression 1½" (dia.) aluminium rod sections cut @ 23~26 mm are my best bet considering those can be rounded into a truncated sphere only 2 mm smaller than the original - which i find to be an acceptable trade-off. The plan is to exploit a central-axis ¼" (dia.) "pilot" hole in order to align/center bell-shaped saws. One new feature i yet have to toy with is the external Containment Perimeter of a LAVACapsule setup where airflow enters boths ends (while the cannabic stream collects in between); in comparison unidirectional airflow setups require no collector holes on the Bowl-Ring, hence no external containment barrier neither.

Although i ain't there yet my strategy is to only start holes with my cup-shapped cutters, those just need to make deep enough trenches to force 9/16" and 5/8" drill bits to remain aligned, while alignment errors gather inside near the center where these are not apparent and much less an issue...

My requirement to stick with a KISS-type of challenge which proves widely accessible even using rudimentary tools means it's OKay to need a hand-drill but i'm afraid the rounding of an aluminium cylinder into a 38 mm (dia.) ball will involve some serious dose of patience too, as i may be limited to sanding paper!

Though it turns out VG's Classic spherical theme ain't essential and i already got a pair of full-length (yellow-flame compatible) tops implemented after using 1¼" stubs, which is minimalist but viable.

2 main issues must be addressed: #1) i must replace my 17-Holes Metal Disc with an SS430 susceptor of identical dimmensions; #2) it Flame-Catcher path must be shortened to better suit blue "jet" flames which tend to auto-extinguish otherwise, expecially in "Power Micro-Bursting" scenarios involving twin or triple flames.

Then another challenge will be to build an IH driver with sufficient power, possibly by hacking an old IH cooker where the flat "pancake" coil would have to be reshaped into a cylinder, to accomodate my apllication. Otherwise a workload similar in size to a CD-ROM is required simply for the machine to start heating (otherwise an absence of proper workload is detected, which causes an early abort)...

Most obviously a CD-size IH-driven susceptor won't fit inside my "Hybrid Core" tops anyway.

Good day, have fun!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Full-Metal Reversible LAVACapsule 2020 Proposal by Egzoset [480x360] .PNG 
Views:	54 
Size:	283.8 KB 
ID:	60997   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Full-Metal Tops for Cust. VG Pipe by Egzoset (2020-May-25) [480x360] .PNG 
Views:	36 
Size:	178.4 KB 
ID:	60998   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Egzoset's Cust. VG Pipe (2020-Jun-1) [600x500] .PNG 
Views:	42 
Size:	561.6 KB 
ID:	60999   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IH Cooktop Coil of Salton iD-1081 [480x360] .PNG 
Views:	34 
Size:	355.2 KB 
ID:	61000  
    Last edited by Egzoset; 06-07-2020 at 08:24 PM.

Thumbs Up/Down

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Cool

Salutations,

The motivation behind DiY challenges is improvement so i could only embrace a need to evolve after i realized the limits of my "Micro-Bursting" consumption method, e.g. once done acquiring sufficient operator skills to gain a larger perspective. Actually it appears i had the correct intuition all along, insisting this was only meant as a "Plan-B", while "Plan-A" should probably transition to something more similar to this instead:

A couple years after my Hybrid Core configuration stabilized some recent dentistry issues made me discover 1st-hand that a cust. pipe's "fumet" could get more nocive than i ever imagined, enough for chronic use to eventually damage a tooth anyway. So there's potential long-term secondary effects strongly suggesting it's still preferable to aim for a "Plan-A" and resort on those transformed pipes only for occasional missions really requiring it. The very same "tops" still work great but i finally decided to add a huge heat-dissipating layer under the form of some gas expansion cavity (besides cotton as an option)... The next step being to "charge" its core wirelessly via Induction, while extra-hot exhaust gases from clean-burning butane may still provide "Inlet Water", or i may as well want to revisit the old FongBong! scenarios from ~8 years ago.

Of course i also tried with water inside but the noise this generates just feels bothersome as it might even betray me although this must remain a private activity considering our socio-toxic Québeker environment when it comes to Trudeau's so-called "Légaleezation", not to mention the contribution of Lucie "Nez Rouge" Charlebois followed by François Legault in plain denial of systemic failure(s)... As for dosing it's not as "controlled" as it felt before but i keep thinking that practice makes perfect, until the next evolutionary step. Step by step, one patient move at a time!

Good day, have fun!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Egzoset's 2021 Waterless Scenario (2021-Jan-3) [360x400] .PNG 
Views:	24 
Size:	206.2 KB 
ID:	61044  

Thumbs Up/Down

Exclamation

Correction:

Quote Originally Posted by Egzoset View Post
    ...may as well want to revisit the old FongBong! scenarios...
    Not with such bad orthograph as the correct keyword to use is "FOGBONG!", which is the exact expression Google must have indexed, i believe...

YMMV.

-=*=-

Also, an update:

Name:	Egzoset's 2021 Waterless Setup (Jan-8) [850x400] .PNG 
Views:	10 
Size:	708.8 KB 
ID:	61074

Name:	Egzoset's 2021 Summer Solstice Concept - LAVABong! (2021-Jun-4) [400x800] .PNG 
Views:	10 
Size:	328.1 KB 
ID:	61075

Name:	THC to CBD spectrum of Ratios [640x480] .PNG 
Views:	9 
Size:	253.7 KB 
ID:	61076

{ images added }
    Last edited by Egzoset; 06-08-2021 at 01:47 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12