Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 538/2
    Given: 315/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Post Continuing down the MMAR path of nightmare...

A while back I was given the name of a Professor Zhang at the University of Saskatchewan. They're supposed to be doing research into using medical cannabis as a migraine treatment.

I wasn't able to speak with or meet with them personally today, but I did slip a copy of my migraine history documentation under the door, sent an email, and left a phone message.

On a downer note, I have also been given the name of a neurologist who is purportedly willing to sign the MMAR forms, but the nurse at my regular doctor's office immediately tried to force me into yet another run-around delay tactic of booking an appointment with him first. I hung up.

The shame is my regular doctor is actually pretty knowledgeable and helpful, as he was educated in south africa. Certainly he's been one of very few doctors who didn't push opiates as a "treatment" for migraines, and actually discourages opiates for frequent migraines due to the addiction that results.

Personally I'm kind of hoping that a doctor who is actually researching medical cannabis just might be considered a qualified expert for signing the forms...

As to the issues I ranted about in http://www.treatingyourself.com/vbul...d.php?p=102700 , I've mailed my "witness testimony" and speculations about the surveillance problem and US procedural errors and abuses to the heads of the major parties in Canada, the heads of the major Saskatchewan provincial parties, and the heads of the OPP, RCMP, and CSIS. I also sent Marco a copy via priority post in order to ensure that the issue can't be "buried" via further harassment of yours truly.

I'm not trying to make a public stink about the issue, just trying to cover my own butt. You never know what the rich and powerful might do to an unemployed individual to cover their own careers.

OTOH, I'm sure the at-fault organizations or individuals would consider this to be "too public" for their tastes already.
    Last edited by groo; 07-04-2006 at 08:53 PM.
    I do not fail -- I succeed at finding out what does not work.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 538/2
    Given: 315/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

I must admit the stonewalling is getting more than a tad frustrating.

I have yet to hear from Professor Zhang, but I'm guessing it's vacation time.

The Saskatoon Pain Clinic, Saskatchewan Medical Association, and my primary care physician decided as a group that they don't want to be involved in the MMAR paperwork.

Yesterday I received a letter billing me for the pain clinic visit because my SHIP (Saskatchewan Health Insurance Program) number was rejected. I didn't move until April, but never received the renewal sticker that should have come in before the end of 2005.

My address was on file with multiple hospitals and doctors, as well as with insurance, driver's license, etc. Strangely enough, I haven't been billed by the Perry Sound hospital in Ontario, though they would have billed for services via my SHIP number back in early April. If the id number was to expire at year end, why would Ontario billing appear to go through while Saskatchewan billing gets rejected?

*shrug*

Gotta love "computer error" and "bureaucratic process". Tried phoning SHIP to get things straightened out, but I wasn't willing to burn LD cell minutes waiting for their voice mail system to put me through. At least they have an AVR system with queuing -- some of the government departments require you to spend hours and hours redialing until you can get a free line.
    I do not fail -- I succeed at finding out what does not work.