Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Default The Debate on "Organics" and "Hydroponics"

Well lately i have been doing alot of studying and reading on Organics,Hydroponics,soils and soilless mediums
    and i have come across interesting things,
    i think there will always be a heated debated from the dirt farmers and the hydro heads,
    some will prolly get mad at me and say i dont know what im talking about because of my views on the matter,
    im a hydro grower,
    i have used pretty much all the different types of hydro systems,and have grown in soil and have settled with aeroponics (for sea's of green, and its fast!!) and dwc drip systems (for big trees and huge yields),
    in my personal opinion i think you (IF DONE RIGHT!!!) get bigger yields, and better taste and quicker finish with hydroponics,
    im sure alot will disagree with that, so being the natural debater and hard head i am i have been studying like a college student crammin for finals because i like to have a foot to stand on when people disagree and ask why,
    i like to give an educated answer for my opinion, i just wanted to post a few things i have been reading on studies and experiments done in this field, so dont get mad at me , lol
    i know what works for me wont work for other people and visa versa ive seen it first hand,
    but i think if you want to call yourself a grower and a good grower you should learn as much as possible and try it all even if its wrong or not you dont know till you try, and you learn a lil more from each mistake or even if you had a flawless grow there is always somethin to learn so come on people lets be a little open minded about the hydroponics and the way we think about organics and non organics,
    ne waze here is the first article i liked alot, with more to come,

i would really love feedback from people with there views of the whole matter, whether your a dirt farmer or hydro person, let me know what you think TAT2D

The Debate on "Organics" and "Hydroponics"
    by Lawrence L. Brooke

There is a huge popular debate about the value of "organic" fertilizers and methods, many people would like to apply "organics" to hydroponics. Currently accepted organic fertilizer components are dependent upon organisms in the soil to convert the "organic" materials into a useable form for plants.

In hydroponics we provide the minerals required for plant growth directly, completely eliminating the need for soil and soil-organisms. The result is much higher growth rates, yields and even crop quality than organic methods can achieve. This is not what some people want to hear, but it is the simple scientific truth - and practically all scientists and educators in the fields of agriculture and chemistry know it and will be the first to agree. In fact, the kinds of materials which are permitted for use under "organic" regulations are not of sufficient purity to be used for hydroponic culture.

We use only the most refined and pure ingredients to blend our hydroponic fertilizers, including food and pharmaceutical minerals. "Organic" regulations do not permit purified or refined ingredients to be used, all "organic" fertilizer ingredients must be in their natural, unrefined form - the result can be detrimental levels of impurities and toxins plus very poor solubility. "Organic" is a matter of bureaucratic definitions, not science. Organic is a method of farming, not a definition of the produce itself. There's no such thing as "organic produce," there's only "organically grown produce."

With this in mind it's important to recognize the reasons that "organically" grown produce is gaining such popularity. Consumers want to buy produce which is not tainted with hazardous chemicals or poisons. There is an increasing public demand for methods which are gentle on our delicate planet and which don't harm the soil, water or ecosystems. Hydroponic farming methods fit properly into this system of values if used appropriately. Hydroponics protects soil because it doesn't use soil. Less water is required for hydroponic culture and consequently more food can be cultivated with less water. The fertilizers we use for hydroponics are ultra-pure and leave no residue in the cultivated fruits and vegetables. Since hydroponic technologies are more efficient than soil methods, more people can be fed with less area and ecological impact.

soulmate

I grow organically, in a soilless mix (Pro-Mix). 1st off the plants don't care what you use. I do, this is Med's for Robbin. You can still grow Organically, hydroponically. There are many things out there today, you can use and still get the same or better resolves. There are things at or organic, to help in the root zones, foliage areas and still stay organic.

Besides being Med's for my Soulmate, The chemicals many are using today are hurting our world, that we as responsible people, have to take care of, even if the end is a bit less, which it doesn't have to be.

The truth is, What do we a humans want to leave our grandchild. Do we just care about today and leave a dead planet or is it more to do things that will make the planet we leave behind better then it was before you came around.

hashimoto

You mentioned "dwc drip systems" are'nt those 2 separate growing methods/systems?

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

yes, i type a bit quick sometimes my waterfarms are my drip system and i use 5 gallon buckets with holes drilled in them for the airstones and net cups at top and usually lightwarrior soilless mix or hydroton for the dwc, and on some of those i have added a dripper to the top (of the lightwarrior ones cuz it dries quick it doesnt make to much of a difference just helps with them not drying out to quickly) but i meant that to say dwc,and drip for larger trees